Planning a Nashville wedding is no walk in the park. For most brides, it's hard to know where to even start. The Simply Golden team has curated a list of 5 things you should do first when it comes to planning your dream wedding.
1. Set a Budget A budget doesn't restrict you. It gives you permission to spend your money wisely. When setting your wedding budget, think about what you can actually afford. We rarely meet couples who say "Man, I really wish I'd spent more money on my wedding." Don't go into a massive amount of debt for your wedding. When setting your budget, keep in mind that it will affect everything from your venue and guest count to the number of floral arrangements you can have.
2. Consider Hiring a Planner or Coordinator Sure you can plan a wedding by yourself, but it's a lot of work. If your budget allows it, consider hiring a planner or coordinator. Planners are best for couples who prefer to let someone else handle the details of planning the wedding. Planners will communicate with all of your vendors and guide you through the entire process. Coordination services work best for couples who prefer to plan their wedding themselves, but want someone to step in a month or two out to help tie up any loose ends. Coordination tends to be much more affordable. They'll both have vendor recommendations, which will come in handy.
3. Book a Venue Venues, especially the popular ones, book up fast. You'll want to start touring venues as soon as you can, especially if you have a specific date in mind. Venues can range from all-inclusive to BYO everything. Keep that in mind when selecting your venue. Venues that allow you to pick your own everything may seem cheaper, but all those additional things add up. Be sure to read the fine print before signing the dotted line. Venue selection can also dictate what other vendors you can and cannot use.
4. Select your Bridal Party Who do you want standing next to you on your wedding day? Now is the time to let your besties know that you choose them. They'll also need to start budgeting for your big day. So let them know sooner rather than later.
5. Select All-Star Vendors Start researching and meeting with potential vendors. As we mentioned earlier, the good ones book up fast. We recommend starting with your photographers, caterers, officiants, and DJs. Once you select your vendors, be sure to get everything in writing. Your planner and venue will both have a list of vendors they’ve worked with in the past. There are a ton of moving pieces when it comes to planning a wedding. Working with an expert will ensure you have all your bases covered. If you're looking for a day-of coordinator or need assistance planning your wedding our team would be happy to help! You can contact us here!